Lifespan SBEM Graphical Design Interface
2D Drawing Panel
- Easy to use interface consisting of a "Zones and Envelopes" panel and a "2D Drawing" panel which are linked by "Zone Name".
- Easy to use for Lifespan SBEM customers because the "Zones and Envelopes" panel is very similar in layout to "Quick Envelopes" on the Lifespan SBEM site.
- The Active Zone’s drawing and related zone and envelope details can be visualised on the screen at the same time.
- Quick download and upload of information from and to the Lifespan SBEM live site.
- Easy download and installation of the software from the Lifespan SBEM site.
- Comprehensive User Manual
- A backup copy of the project can be made using "Save Project As".
- Zones can be copied.
Zones and Envelopes Panel
- Attachment of CAD drawings for tracing (DWG, DXF and DWT are supported formats). The CAD drawing can use a fixed unit of measure (millimetres, centimetres, inches, etc) or can be scaled.
- Attachment of scanned bitmap images for tracing (JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG and TIFF are supported formats). The bitmap image must be in proportion.
- Zones can be drawn in a simple rectangular style or irregular shaped style. Internal partitions can also be drawn within the zone. Curved walls can also be drawn. External, internal or virtual walls can be drawn. When drawing a zone there is an "Undo" facility for the last line drawn.
- After a Zone has been drawn, details for each wall (Orientation, Construction, Adjoining Condition, Wall Length and Wall Area) and Zone Area are automatically calculated and inserted into the "Zones and Envelopes" panel.
- Drawn Zones can be shaded and coloured by "Activity Type". Shading can be turned on or off at any stage.
- Drawn Zones can automatically show wall numbers, dimensions and labels (Zone Name and Zone Area).
- The attached CAD drawing or bitmap image can be made visible or invisible at any stage.
- Individual layers can be made visible or invisible at any stage.
- Drawn Zones can be quickly moved, resized, scaled and rotated simply by "click and drag" with the mouse. Zone and envelope dimensions are updated automatically.
- When a drawn Zone is "clicked", it is brightly highlighted and it’s details are automatically displayed in the "Zones and Envelopes" panel.
- When a wall on a drawn Zone is "clicked", the appropriate wall number is highlighted in the "Zones and Envelopes" panel (this is to enable easy entry of windows and doors on a zone with many walls).
- Adjacent external walls can automatically be updated to become internal walls.
- Object snap functionality with changeable settings.
- The building drawing can be visibly rotated according to the "Building Rotation" setting if necessary.
- The full view of the "Drawing" panel can be exported to a CAD drawing (DWG, DXF and DWT).
- The current view of the "Drawing" panel can be exported to bitmap image (JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG and TIFF) and PDF files.
- The current view of the "Drawing" panel can be previewed and printed.
- Easy and fast navigation using zooming, panning and scrolling. Zooming and scrolling have changeable settings.
- "Zoom to Window" and "Zoom to Active Zone" functionality.
- Choice of background colours.
- The Drawing Grid, X-Y coordinate symbol and North Orientation Symbol can all be turned on or off.
- Uses full screen anti-aliasing for sharp, smooth graphics (providing the PC has an appropriate graphics card).
- Fast graphics display.
- Zone details and common building services are all entered here.
- Windows and doors can be quickly entered with "1-click".
- Floors, ceilings and roofs can be quickly entered with "1-click".
- Wall lengths can be changed and the drawn Zone can be automatically updated.
- The Zone height can be changed and the wall areas can be automatically recalculated.
- Undo facility for the active Zone.
- The Active Zone can be saved or deleted here.
- The Active Zone can also be selected from here.
To speak with one of our advisors call 0161 727 4362 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To start using Lifespan please login to LifespanSBEM
|The inaugural Lifespan-SBEM User Group Forum|
Property Tectonics (pt
) has over twenty years experience looking after
buildings and delivering support services for people who own and use buildings.